Letting your home safely
Getting a market appraisal
- We value your property virtually, via Zoom, to avoid the need for any physical contact at this stage.
- When you’re happy we send across all the paperwork to get started.
Getting tenants excited!
We need to visit your property to get some great content to help let it. Before we go round we’ll ask you to confirm that no-one in the household is isolating, has any symptoms or is classed as vulnerable and has been asked to shield. If it’s not safe we’ll have to delay for now.
When we arrive, we will be wearing a face covering; we’ll make sure our hands are nice and clean, keep social distancing in mind at all times, and get to work.
If the occupier could open up all internal doors and give surfaces and handles a wipe down before we arrive that would be great. If they can it would be even better if everyone in the household could take some time out of the house to make distancing easier while we get:
- Fantastic photographs
- A great description
- A detailed floorplan
- A video of the property
On the market
Now you’re on the market we get to work to find qualified tenants who would love your place.
Your time to shine
- Where appropriate, we’ll arrange an Accompanied Viewing Online.
- It’s a simple video call, hosted by your agent, where the occupier shows the tenant around your home.
- We make sure that all tenants are offer ready before moving on to the next stage.
Before a viewing
- We will ask everyone attending to confirm that no one in their households is isolating, has any symptoms or is classed as vulnerable and has been asked to shield.
- If there is anyone classed as vulnerable, but hasn’t been asked to shield, we’ll ask everyone to be particularly careful in terms of clean hands, face coverings and safe social distancing.
- If at any point the occupiers or the viewers aren’t sure about anyone in your households we’ll ask you to consult the NHS 111 online questionnaire.
- It’s a good idea for the occupier to give surfaces a clean and wipe down door handles. Opening all interior doors helps to avoid the need to touch anything.
- We’ll ask that no more than two viewers attend and they have to be from the same household. It shouldn’t take longer than 15 minutes.
- Everyone attending the viewing will be asked to wear a face covering and to wash their hands or use hand sanitiser before entering the property
- When the occupier opens the door we’ll ask them to stand well back to let the viewers in.
- Everyone will be asked to maintain the safe 2 metre distance at all times.
- Ideally everyone in the household would pop out for a while to make distancing even easier.
After the viewing
- We’ll remind the occupier to make sure their hands are clean and then give surfaces and handles a wipe down.
- Sit back, relax and wait for a call from your agent (hopefully with an offer!).
Our stay safe processes have all been built following government guidance around working safely in other people’s homes
Our declaration that we are following the advice is here